View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is very simple - she said him or me and Moneybags Fleetwood obviously picked the best answer for his wallet. Edit: Yeah, the McVie's went along with this too. They shouldn't come away unscathed in this. They agreed and let this happen.

As for the tour being a bust or sucking, I truly don't think that technically it will suck at all. Fleetwood and the McVie's are excellent musicians and it appears the same backing band will be there to provide the foundation as before. Mike Campbell is an excellent guitar player and will be fine. I don't know Finn's work much but the guy is a professional and will do his parts fine.

But it will lack SOMETHING. In the same way that the 1987-90 bands were missing something. The shows were technically proficient but they lacked a certain chemistry and haven't aged well at all - they sound sterile and routine. I feel this will be more of the same, even though I'd have to say Campbell is a far more dynamic player than Vito ever was. That chemistry was blatantly obvious during The Dance. Something about that fivesome just works. It's all of the history and drama and tension along with the fact that they just create good music together.

Last edited by jmn3; 04-25-2018 at 06:38 PM..