View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Yes, basically any inference that Lindsey has been difficult to work with has usually come from Stevie. Throw in Tom Petty and Mike Campbell onto that list too as being able to work with him.

Maybe she's a giant pain in the ass to work with and after 10/20/30/40/50+ years, he just doesn't give af about it and says what he thinks.

Likely, they're both annoying and while Lindsey seems to be able to want to work with her, she just has no interest in even trying. Ugh...I find this whole thing to be increasingly irritating daily.
um, no. Ken Caillat has indicated he was no picnic to work with, as has Richard in his own way. Maybe not every minute of every day, but yeah, he could be intense in a not-great way in the studio.

Even within the band- Mick called him a "martinet" in his first book, which, if you look it up, is basically a fancier way of saying "d*ck". Christine has said in the beginning he was kind of aloof and quite moody-- she said the song Over My Head was a lot about him "you can take me to paradise/then again you can be cold as ice" "Your mood is like a circus wheel/you're changing all the time" and so on. She played it out into a love song but the impetus was him... And when she talks now about how he's changed, and become more easygoing, well, she's saying he wasn't those things in the past.
He was pushy with John, trying to tell him how/what to play from the early days and John pushed back and set him straight.

So, while Stevie got the worst of it, no, she was not the only one to say he was difficult, or if you prefer, "challenging" to work with.