View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I know. Mine is one of them
I can't quote all your posts. But, I generally agree with everything you've posted in this thread. My sources have told me virtually the same thing. And I have a few. I love Stevie's solo work. After OSOTM the writing lost it's sparkle. The magic that took your heart strings was gone. She tries to be a version of herself instead of just being herself. Sure there's great tunes afterward. I love Illume and a few others.

She's become the kind of person I never thought she would become. She and Christine are such polar opposites in class and elegance. A friend of mine, (who isn't into FM, but into rock and roll) said, "Stevie Nicks is the Rosanne Barr of music." The trajectory of attitude and class have diminished. Her fame is based on people's love of the fantasies she's built over the years. Me included.

I don't fault her for not signing everyone an autograph. It's sad that people do wait in the rain and don't get to talk to her. But, she simply can't do it.

However, it brings a story to mind: I sat next to Judith Light on a trip to LAX from JFK. I got to chat with her for 6 hrs. She said to me, "Part of my job is to touch and talk with as many fans as I can. I enjoy it. And it reminds me that my art is nothing without them" I was shocked when she said that to me. I personally would hate to be famous. I mean look at the folks here on The Ledge.
Some of them are plum crazy. Imagine what it's like out there.