View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
We don't know what happened and it's unfair to blame Stevie. It looked like his daughter was liking every post that expressed support for Lindsey. She has posted sweet things about Stevie in the past, but I would expect her to mirror whatever sentiment her father feels towards any bandmember at the moment. Is anyone posting nasty comments about Christine disguised as support for Lindsey and getting likes? No, because the target of everyone's vitriol is Stevie.

I don't understand why people think Stevie has some incentive to get rid of Lindsey. Even if you hate her and think she's greedy, how is she supposed to do Silver Springs without Lindsey standing there? She'll have to change her whole Gypsy story, forego the Sara interaction, the Landslide interaction, etc.

Her entire Fleetwood Mac narrative revolves around her relationship with Lindsey so even if you believe it's just that - a narrative - why would you think she'd want him gone? She would even make more money if he was there! The "classic" Fleetwood Mac lineup will sell more, and higher priced, tickets than the current lineup.

The entire band will have to work harder to sell this. They won't be able to glide through the same old motions, which is the "cash cow" mentality. To think that anyone in the band wanted this is ludicrous.
Under your logic, he should have never got fired in the first place, because Stevie would have stood up for him against Mick. And Christine. Not so sure about John.

Point is Mick would have been outnumbered. But that didn't happen. And he was fired.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.