View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Billy Burnette's vague Facebook update, suggesting that Lindsey Buckingham was out of the band, and Mick's cryptic Facebook/Twitter post "Where words fail, music speaks," this continued to fuel the speculation that something's askew. Some fans think Billy's comments were trying to generate buzz for his new book.

Anyway, that's what I've heard. I know some people don't like to discuss things that are unconfirmed, which is respectable. Some people do, and that's fine too. It's great that we have a variety of places where we can get the type of information we want to read these
I just wanted to say I don't believe for a second Billy Burnette started this rumor, especially to generate buzz for his new book. For one thing, "his new book" was released over a year ago so the timing is way off. Even his last album was released in October 2017, I think. Again, weird timing if Billy was trying to start rumors to promote his book or album.

Second, whether you liked Billy and Rick Vito when they were in FM or not, they have always been classy, respectful guys, both to Lindsey when he left the band and to FM when they left or were asked to leave. Billy's book was also incredibly respectful of FM and the individual members. So no way is he trying to use this crazy situation to promote his career. I am quite certain if he was doing that, he would have no trouble getting Rolling Stone or People or Yahoo or MSN on the phone to talk about what's going on with FM, or at least what he may know.

Frankly, I'm confused. If it weren't for this board, I wouldn't be aware there were any rumors at all. I guess we should be thankful Billy at least gave the heads up something seems to be off in FM Land.

BTW SpyNote, this post wasn't directed to you specifically. I think it's natural for everyone to speculate why Billy posted his comments. Your post was well written and appreciated for the calm, rational tone you used.

Last edited by bwboy; 04-06-2018 at 04:42 PM..