View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Actually, she should have been back in the States and in rehab! I always suspected one of the reasons she went to Australia was because her record company was on her about her drug use, and her way of dealing with the pressure was to run away. And at that point, it wasn't about the partying, it was only about the drugs.
That could be very true. Before going to rehab, addicts usually have one big party for days, weeks or months rationalizing it will all soon change.
This was the time her management was overly critical of David Letterman for playing the I Cant Wait video. It was silly but they thought he was making fun of her and actually he was a big fan. However you could be right and this is a clue into the division between her and her management company during this time. She went AWOL to Australia when they were pushing her to get help. This was only going to make matters worse. According to Mick's first book I think she confided in him about seeing a doctor and what he said. But Mick agreed with her that it was impossible to quit or even attempt to quit while on the road touring. So basically I think she put it out of her mind until the end of her tour. Its also a glimpse into her behavior recording RAL and why Jimmy walked out. In those days tours and party went together like hand and glove. When Stevie's "Behind the music" came out the part of Paul Fishkin saying "near overdoses on the road" was cut from the actual story but it was in VH1's promo for her story. I can only imagine what Lindsey went through during those few days she did show up in the studio. We all understand why he left and refused to tour with the band. Mick was buying drugs in his driveway and Stevie was out of control.
Recently Stevie said she hates looking at her 80's videos because she had so many drugs on the sets and she can see that she is high. She said something like, "why did I not be clean for at least 3 days for the video"
Total irony here for me. I saw Stevie in concerts in the 80s and I was shocked at the clarity of her in her videos. I was like how come that's not the Stevie on stage. IMHO The only video where she looks high is the group sing parts of If Anyone Falls where she is singing and there is a black background. Her nose is swollen and she is high as a kite.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-23-2017 at 09:07 AM..