View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Lets not forget..... Fleetwood Mac is not a spontaneous band. They are probably the most ritualistic live band ever. They only open with 1 or 2 songs and have the same show closers. They are not political and never acknowledge events from the stage. During Christine's solo tour before she performed Songbird she acknowledged the town's tragedy where 7 teens died in a fun house fire. Its a shame they did not acknowledge Dodger stadium but it would have surprised me if they did. Lindsey makes the same short speech night after night. No variation ever. For God's sake why they never played Illume in New York City when the city was still recovering from 9/11 surprised me but not really. Fleetwood Mac is not that kind of band. And during a Stadium show they are not going to stray from their live formula. Even when Billy and Rick joined the band, they did not take chances. They tried to replace Lindsey live which is impossible. They should have put their own stamp on the songs with a lick here or there. But they would never do that and play conservatively.