View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
There's a difference between disapproving and judging, and judging others is a very severe flaw. There are things like murder or abuse that are a threat to the entire society so they must be condemned, but other people's personal failings don't concern anyone except those who are involved with it.
Unfortunately, particularly in this time where the line between the private and the public is progressively blurring, people feel entitled to criticize the life of people that they really don't know, even holding over someone else's head mistakes from a very far and different era of their life, when they were totally different people from the present, but the fact is that those who judge tell more about themselves than what they tell about the other person. The inclination to judge others implies a deep insecurity alongside a false sense of superiority.
As written in one of my favourite books, "It is far more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others". Noone is above making mistakes. Every one of us will make a lot of mistakes during life, most of them will be small but some will be serious; these last ones are much easier to commit than we'd like to think, and it's often very unlikely that if we were put in the same circumstances of the people we judge, we wouldn't commit the same mistake.
We should always put ourselves in the shoes of the person we're judging, and remember that the only one with whom we have to justify ourselves to are those that have been hurt by our mistakes and no others.

Considering the fact that Stevie is very open about these things, talks about her personal life and affairs in relation to her songs and life in general, tells stories, casually makes random unneeded comments about things like that in interviews etc etc, I don't see an issue with it. If she was private about it and we just found out, then I'd agree we should keep our mouths shut. But she's not private at all and never has been and if she wants all of that dirty laundry open then she should be open to criticism too. And I don't think things like that count as "mistakes". Mistakes are forgetting to show up to work or being lazy or saying a bad thing to someone in the heat of an argument. But to each their own I guess.