View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like that it isn't called Fleetwood Mac. There aren't the same expectations for the record. For instance, while Mick and John are presumably on almost every track (I wonder about the opener) Christine plays on only five of them.

(As the disc notes reveal, LB's five tunes were recorded and produced before her involvement. Whether she's singing on them is up for speculation but I doubt it. Or, if she is, it's a complete waste of her talents and vocal color not to feature her prominently in the mix. Still, I am betting it's that she isn't on them at all. Would she and Stevie have been prominent on them if this were a Mac record with Stevie's involvement? Hard to say. I do know that Stevie's vocals were overdubbed at the last minute on LB's SYW songs. And there you can hear her. Why couldn't that have been done here is a complete and frustrating mystery. Didn't LB say he wrote songs in keys Stevie could sing in? If he could consider her, why not incorporate Christine into the mix?)

To my way of thinking only the tracks that feature Christine singing are true Mac tracks insofar as all of the four are on them (maybe John is absent for GOP) and the collaborative vibe is very much there. My hope is that someday before they have all keeled over, the five of them will work collaboratively once again. I'm not holding my breath.

For now, I'm just glad to have this great little record. I love all of the songs on it except the first one. And John and Mick's playing is incredible!

Last edited by aleuzzi; 07-09-2017 at 07:40 PM..