View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 05:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Stevie

Best: Tusk. As a whole collection, her Tusk songs are above and by far the most superior. Storms, Beautiful Child, Sara, Sisters etc. And the production on them fit to a T. But really I think most to all of the songs she wrote in the 70s are amazing. Few prolific writers like her have a catalogue as impressive as her 70s songs.
Worst: Probably Tango. The two songs she actually wrote are almost laughably bad...
I'm so with you on everything you said about Stevie and Tusk and the production as well. I think Sisters is absolute peak Stevie and the production and the way the band rocks out the end, I can never get enough. Storms has that incredible rawness a lot like Silver Springs that Stevie did so well in the 70s.

Not sure I agree with you on Tango but more in general I've never been a fan of all the synthesizer super 80s sound that album has going on. But I've always loved Seven Wonders. Not her most deep song by any means but it's a fun one to belt out in the car or while dancing around the house. But Welcome to the Room Sara is definitely super bland (she was so stuck on Sara, eh? Lol). Tango is probably my least fave with the Rumours line up in general though. Oh

I also feel like given the changes to Stevie's voice over the years, she's harder to judge because it feels like you can really split her into two periods of time and go from there. I still love Trouble in Shangri-La and really adore Twisted and most of her songs on SYW.

Christine

My all time favorite Christine is Brown Eyes which makes me want to say Tusk but I think I'm going to have to agree with White album and Rumours. Though I'm also a big fan of Temporary One and especially after last night's show (so I admit I have some bias at the moment) I honestly think her songs on Buckingham McVie may be my favorite of all. I just really love the way they sound and there's not a single song I dislike. I've always been kind of hit and miss with her. That poppy/ happy love song thing she does a lot of just isn't really my thing. (Which is funny because you'll notice I really tend to like her most upbeat/ uptempo songs best) That's just 100% personal preference for sure but I think she's sounding amazing these days and putting out some great work. Kind of of of the belief, in general, that all three of them may be at their peak right now and in the last 15/20 years. But I go back and forth. I have definite faves for everyone from all albums.

Lindsey
He's a hard one to peg because I think given his edginess and how much his production type stuff has changed over the years, I think a lot with him probably falls to personal preference. But I think I'm going to say Rumours because I especially love all his work on that album and something about the sound of his voice just really gets me. Love me some Tusk as well and certainly would be his most diverse work on a Mac album but it works for me and regularly wows me on recent listens. I didn't like Tusk at all as a kid because I didn't "get" Lindsey's stuff but that album is so special to me now and seems to be gaining so much appreciation in general these days.

His worst, in my opinion, as much as I DO love the title track, would have to be Tango. I think Family Man and Caroline are two of his worst. I just really don't like them and find the writing kind of meh "She's so crazy, she's so lazy..." Really??? Lol. I just can't stand those songs. Don't really like Big Love either (at least in part because as a child it felt mighty awkward when it got to the moany sexual sound part when I was playing the album in front of my parents! �� �� ) For me Tango was a very odd time for Lindsey. Editing to add- Mirage! Agree with what others have said about it being his blah period. Like he reined it in way too much after Tusk. Sometimes I forget Mirage even existed which tells you something.

Last edited by TimeCastASpell; 07-07-2017 at 05:24 PM..