View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Walk A Thin Line! I'll die and miss the rest of the show, lol. I listened to this show earlier and here's what I recall:

Lindsey says "yeah" then explains the song was cut with John and Mick and it predated the tour in 2013 then was put on the shelf. He mentioned John has a recording studio in his house and would listen to Lindsey's stuff then comment on what he wanted to work on. Chris said she got very emotional when she heard the song "a tear went down my cheek". Lindsey talks about "playing to 3 generations of people at least."
thanks soooooo much for typing these up Lola, so many little gems in that interview!

same about Walk A Thin Line - i've been crying for this one since 2011, but i've lost all hope by now. it would be fantastic in a nicely done acoustic form with just 2 of them!

not John, that was Mitchell Froom they were talking about. Lindsey said he sent him bunch of his demos for Froom to select what he likes and then they worked on it, Froom added his keyboards, arrangements, and orchestration. he mentioned IMW and Lay Down For Free as 2 of the songs Froom selected to work on. Lindsey said he loved working with Froom and would do it again. on which Chris immediately chimed in "don't you dare! you're all mine!!" and Lindsey said, ok ok i'm not going anywhere. i think Chris was especially referring to Froom being a keyboardist, you could hear LB paused a bit in confusion when she said "don't you dare!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Please forgive me for splitting this up as I did but I had notes scratched everywhere from listening to the show. I hope this town hall becomes available for everyone. Sometimes a written transcription isn't the same as hearing the inflection in people's voice and I did my best to be accurate.

Whatever this thing will be at the start of their show sounds extra new and fresh and I'm all for it. I'm even more pumped up for these shows now.
please don't apologize for doing all this work to share this - it's some fantastic stuff - thanks again so much!! completely agree with what sounds like a very fresh approach they are taking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Off the radar stuff...now that sounds great. Perhaps a couple of solo songs and a couple of vaguer Fleetwood Mac numbers. Please let Why be in there somewhere. I was also thinking Honey Hi could be a good one for just the two of them (though it would really miss Stevie's vocals). Hold Me could be described as off-the-radar, though I'd prefer it to have a full band treatment.

PS, thanks Lola
i really don't want any solo, with 8 new songs, and they didn't really mention solo stuff in any interviews so i'd be shocked if they do any. but off-the-radar Fleetwood Mac stuff is beyond my dreams right now, especially since on the last 2 Mac tours off-the-radar LB stuff was stuff he did tons on times before live - Not That Funny and IKINW. so if we get one of his other faster Tusk songs, like The Ledge or What Makes You Think, or slower like WATL or SMAP i would be completely ecstatic!! especially if it would be either WATL or What Makes You Think, which are my 2 favorite Tusk songs!!

it's interesting that you list Hold Me as Mac off-the-radar, since it was such a huge hit. but considering they did it on just one tour after the album came out, it definitely is. how amazing would it be if we finally get Hold me live??!!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Thanks for the Info, sounds a great interview.

I hope we get some rarer Mac stuff, Hold Me must be played.
would be so fantastic, we've been waiting for Hold Me for 2 Mac tours now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Something just popped into my head. Before the Mac shows last time, they would play an acoustic version of Think About Me. Now that would be something very cool to hear live!
ohhhhhhh good thought i forgot about it! yes, that may be pretty amazing!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"