View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm not sure there are any/many reviews that support her absence per se. Certainly, 'It's Nicks' loss' isn't suggesting its good she's not there- just that its a good album and she would have been better off being on it.
I understand. Just like "All that's missing is the presence of the witchy Stevie Nicks" suggests that it's a good album and would have been better if she had been on it. Like I said, hopefully future reviews will focus on the music. I understand her absence may be mentioned, just like Lindsey's was on Behind the Mask, and Christine's was on Say You Will, but considering Chris and Lindsey are saying this isn't a Fleetwood Mac album, well, it's confusing enough as is. But us folks here on the Ledge know the scoop, so hopefully people can continue to like and praise or maybe not praise the album based on the music, and not on who isn't on the album. I would hate to think that someone wouldn't like the album just because Nicks isn't on it. That wouldn't make any sense- you either like the songs or you don't, right? No matter who is playing on them.

Glad to hear the album is getting good reviews. I'm excited to see what Rolling Stone and Billboard will say.