View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham McVie - First Impressions - Rank the Songs

TOP TIER - INSTANT CLASSICS - THE (Chris) MAC(vie) IS BACK!!!
1. GAME OF PRETEND - CM - Maybe greater than Songbird (the controversial chorus: it's Songbird meets Scritti Politti!)
2. CARNIVAL BEGIN - CM - Probably the greatest remake of I'm So Afraid! (Its competition: Tango in the Night, Murrow Turning Over in His Grave, and Come)
3. TOO FAR GONE - CM/LB - Maybe greater than World Turning (funkier, that drum break!!, sexier, shorter -- though nobody could claim it's a premonition of 9/11 NOW COULD THEY??!)

WAITING ON THE DOORSTEP OF CLASSIC (aka - these are all better than any song on Seeds We Sow, not counting When She Comes Down, which is sublime perfection beyond all human imagining -- FACT!)
4. LAY DOWN FOR FREE - LB - Insanely catchy chorus = nobody does this better than Lindsey
5. SLEEPING AROUND THE CORNER - LB - Ideal hooky album opener that harkens back to Monday Morning and Second Hand News via Trouble and Holiday Road
6. ON WITH THE SHOW - LB - The most moving contribution to the Lindsey/Stevie mythology on the album which also means it's a manifesto; gorgeous natural vocal

THESE ARE ALL WORTHY OF SEEDS WE SOW OR IN THE MEANTIME
7. IN MY WORLD - LB - John is a "monster"!
8. RED SUN - CM/LB - Just about Perfect
9. FEEL ABOUT YOU - CM/LB - Also just about perfect but not Perfect
10. LOVE IS HERE TO STAY - LB - A song about the permanence of love, yet it remains diffuse after 7+ listens

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.