View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so happy to see the harmonious spirit between Lindsey and Christine. It is clear that Lindsey and Christine get along, they have similar musical ideas, they like one another, there was a positive feeling in the studio, and they have recorded a musical gem. I'm very glad they recorded this without Stevie. Even if Stevie had contributed two or three good songs, I seriously doubt that they would have been as good as what Lindsey & Chris have come up with, and her presence in the studio would probably have been disruptive. Hearing the wonderful harmonies that Chris & Lindsey sing on many of these songs, I don't think that adding Stevie's voice to the mix would have been helpful.

My only quibble is that Christine made it sound as if she spent 16 years in the country doing nothing. She did record one top notch album during those years, In the Meantime. Oh, and where was John? It was nice to see a few clips of Mick, but John was nowhere to be seen. Lindsey's comment makes it clear that John plays on the album, so maybe he just didn't want to bother with being involved with this preview film.