View Single Post
Old 05-23-2017, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thanks! considering we haven't heard most of these songs yet (other than Feel About You), interesting to read their descriptions and try to decipher how they may sound -

"Fan warmth though can only go so far and there’s little here to elicit more than a “that’s nice” response. As in that’s nice that Lay Down For Free has a chorus with lush-toned bank of voices and Love Is Here To Stay features pretty guitar picking. That’s nice that the piano ballad Game Of Pretend looks like going deep, before an oversweetened/infantilised chorus undercuts andFeel About You has Paul McCartney-like jauntiness and willingness to tiptoe on the cheesiness line.
And that that’s nice that Too Far Gone has some sorta/kinda nod to Tusk drums and Carnival Began takes a slightly snaky guitar line, and later a good but generic solo, on a walk with an attractive vocal melody."

i conclude songs i may potentially or partially like would be Lay Down For Free, Too Far Gone and Carnival Begins.

i'll probably really dislike Game of Pretend considering the other review similarly labeled it as schmaltz. pretty guitar picking in Time Precious Time, Say Goodbye, or originall Seeds was not enough for me. and FAY being McCartney-esque i think somebody here already noted.
Too bad, I'm still holding out hope. I see this will make a few very happy here. A certain liquor. ha ha.