View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
...When I See You Again is using Lindsey to make the song between two lovers, since he was the only male in the band. Stevie said that's why she put him on the end of WISYA and she said that he never would have chosen to close the song himself. She put his voice on at the end, because she wanted it to be a conversation between lovers.

Michele
I remember reading Stevie saying something like this when the album first came out. I think it was in CREEM magazine or something like that. She said the original was her harmonizing with Lindsey on that last verse and then, when he wasn't at the controls, she erased her own voice and featured his because it was so vulnerable--I think that was her word. Can't recall exactly. Anyway, at the time, I remember thinking, "When would Lindsey ever let you make a decision like that without his knowing about it?" Then, reading Stevie's contributions to the Tango reissue liner notes, where she says LB removed some of her vocals because she was out of tune, I'm guessing the reason only he is singing in the last verse is because of the latter, not the former. But who knows?