View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
If that is the stuff for FM lead singles by now, maybe doing nothing would have been better, career- and legacy wise.
are you seriously thinking that? is every song or album David Bowie or Prince or Stones or McCartney (pick your legendary artist) ever did a masterpiece? bands like Fleetwood Mac have their legacy cemented by now. new stuff is flexing their artistic muscle and whether it sucks or is great, it shows they are still artists with something to say. i may not like this song and i may even end up disliking the whole album, but i'm glad it will be out, we get to hear it, and they can move on to other projects which i might like much better - or not (unlike FM being stifled and sitting on this one since 2012).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But I see this now as the glass half full and positive. We get more Christine songs and get to see Christine and Lindsey in concert. That never would have happened. Chris loves to sing the blues so I expect her to dig out at least one old classic (pre-Buck/Nicks) Mac song to perform for these concerts. That alone just blows my mind and almost makes this whole situation worth it.
all this!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"