View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
These shows scream cash grab to me. Why not just wait until next year to do anything so that Buckingham McVie can have their time and Stevie can finish her tour or whatever? Meh.
after seeing the prices, which in the top range are higher than the last year's Desert festival, or however it was called, for lesser acts all together, at worse venues, i have to agree. i don't think this is driven by the bands necessarily, but by their common management. bands just had to say yes for a comparably small amount of work and a huge payday, so why wouldn't they? but this just looks like trying to squeeze whatever money is possible out of these bands (or whoever is left in them, in some of the cases), while it's still possible.

i'm curious to see how this will sell. also, whether scalpers will jump on it like they did last year, considering the prices, and also how for the last year's oldchella some of the scalper tickets towards the end went below the face value, when they couldn't sell.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"