View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
So first, let me say that I loved the show I saw on this tour. I went without knowing the setlist and really loved it from start to finish. So these points are merely me nitpicking.

1. I really hated the fact that she did only parts of Wild Heart and Bella Donna. When I heard the opening chords of Wild Heart, I went insane (to borrow a phrase from someone, now, who was it that said that? ) and then just I was getting ready to listen to the second verse, it went into Bella Donna. I hated that because it cut out so much. It also feels like she thinks that the audience's attention span isn't long enough to last 3 extra minutes. Frankly I would have liked it better if she had just done Wild Heart all the way through and if she wanted to cut out a minute of the "vamp" at the end (that's how it's called in the linear notes ) it would have been fine and not so long.

2. Similarly, I hate the shortened Edge of 17. I don't want to hear it any more just because the shortened version really misses so much and again, it feels like it's so that we will stay interested. Cut a minute or two of the solo at the end for Pete's sake, but not verses of the song.

OK, I got that off my chest. Sorry for the negative vibes, which I don't usually post, but I had to get it off my chest.

Kevin
The fact that she doesn't wear a stitch of white for EO17 bothers me far more than the new shortened version, although I prefer the song in it's entirety. It REALLY hate that she chopped up WH and Bella Donna. These are amazing, classic songs that haven't been played in so many years (WH has never been played until now). I think it was a really bad decision to not play them in full. It's almost like why bother? Skip the story about her shawl, the sails and her mom's frugal ways and sing the whole damn song.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...