View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
But it doesn't sound like it really IS a Fleetwood Mac album. According to some of the early press on the project, Mick and John were only reported to be making cameo appearances. Sister Nightroad and I both remembered reading something about this, so I don't think I'm going crazy or anything.
here is a quote from Uncut:

ONE thing is for sure – this is not a Fleetwood Mac album. Sure, it has both Buckingham and McVie singing and writing. It even has bassist John McVie and drummer Mick Fleetwood backing them up, not just an incredibly versatile rhythm section but the namesakes of the band. Still, Buckingham McVie is something different – not unprecedented, not unusual, not even that much of a departure musically, but still its own entity in the band’s sprawling catalogue. For one thing, Stevie Nicks doesn’t play on the record – which is perhaps a minor quibble considering at least one member of the classic ’70s lineup has been missing from the group’s last three albums. Says Buckingham, “There was logic enough for having [John and Mick] participate in the studio, and the idea of it being a Fleetwood Mac album I’m sure got voiced, in an idle way, without there being an agenda for it. And Stevie knew what we were doing. Early on we weren’t calling it a duets album, so it wasn’t like we were telling her, ‘You can’t come down.’ Stevie was just involved in what she was doing.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"