View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The difference between Beyonce and Stevie is ...... Beyonce can dance and sing light years around Stevie Nicks.
Joni Mitchell is a true artist with a range that is about a (fill in any large number) times what Stevie's is. She's done folk, jazz, classical, ballet, and oh yeah.. she's a painter. I've seen her play piano as well as Christine McVie. She plays a mean guitar with such a unique style.

Joni didn't care about sales (past tense because she doesn't record anymore). She did whatever she wanted to do no matter how badly she was threatened by the record company. She painted and sold her paintings to finance her records. She also slept with the record company owner, but she did what she had to do. lol (but I digress) Stevie Nicks isn't even on the same planet talent wise as Joni Mitchell.
That's very well put. Stevie's definitely more a "poet" probably is the best way to put it.
I always forget Joni was an actual painter and it wasn't just a lyrical metaphor lol. Aren't Lindsey and Chris also art/paint talented? I know Stevie did watercolor drawings too but Lindsey did that one guys album cover and it was surprisingly very good and Chris did the Kiln House drawing.