View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
* I like "Lady From The Mountain" and I like "Moonlight (A Vampire's Dream)". But it really bothers me she took from one to make the latter. "Lady" is one of her best unreleased demos and, to me, it was painfully sacrificed for "Moonlight" and that doesn't sit well with me.
Totally agree, I was going to post this.

I'm sure Stevie loves Christine but I don't think she was all that excited about her return; especially the timing right after they'd just done the 2013 tour.

Stevie is quite arrogant and prefers to associate with other famous people. She's happy to rub elbows with "fans" like Katy Perry and Lady Gaga, but rarely does she give the average working-class Joe fan the time of day.

Stevie's life has slowed down a ton since her heyday and as a result, she has little to write about anymore. This is a huge factor in her decision to not release more new material.

I don't think Stevie particularly enjoys being part of Fleetwood Mac these days, but she probably figures she's too old to quit and doesn't want to look like the bad guy.

I love Stevie's cover of "Crash Into Me" and wouldn't mind if she brought it back into her set.

Six years later and I've never been able to really get into IYD.

I don't think Stevie should have included The Dealer on 24K unless she had taken the time to record a better vocal.

Mabel Normand, while I never cared much for the demo, has turned out to be one of my all time favorites.

Welcome to the Room Sara is worse than When I See You Again.

The RAL verion of Mirror, Mirror is great and should have been on an album.

I have very little interest in anything Stevie related from 1987 to 1994 (the Klonopin years?)

I have never much liked SDMHA and think I Will Run To You is a much superior song.

Buckingham Nicks shipping is very boring and irrelevant these days. I don't really think Stevie sits around pining for Lindsey, nor vice versa. I don't think they speak or see each other outside of FM related business, actually.

I think it's totally possible that Stevie and Karen are "together" and have been for a long time.

Last edited by Frankenstein; 02-18-2017 at 10:40 PM..