View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 06:09 AM
Ledgie

So, now that you've all mentioned your unpopular opinions I feel I have a duty to bring my most unpopular and unattractive opinions to light.

O.K., so here goes:

(Dramatic Pause)

1.) "Tango In The Night" is my favorite Fleetwood Mac album. I just love it because of the spacey, ethereal sound, and honestly I think the cover perfectly matches the tone.

2.) My top 3 Fleetwood Mac albums, in order are, "Tango In The Night", "Tusk" and "Say You Will".

3.) When people quote lesser known Stevie Nicks solo songs I pretend to act like I know what they mean. I know this isn't good and I do eventually look up the lyrics, but it's because Stevie Nicks' lyrics are so wordy that I tend to not know which song is being quoted. It also doesn't help that there are A TON of demos and B-Sides floating around out there.

4.) I, with no irony at all, actually really enjoy Lindsey Buckingham's first two solo records. I'll admit "Go Insane" is incredibly stronger than "Law and Order", but I just love "Law and Order". (Although the puzzling cover art makes it pretty awkward to look at)

And this last one, I could potentially get kicked off of The Ledge for.

I don't know if I'm ready.

5.) I actually really, really like "Family Man". I know, I know!! But, before you throw your shoes at me, I just really like the unique sound of it. I think the chorus is one of the best choruses on "Tango In The Night", and Lindsey's flamenco picking thingy is brilliant. Trust me, I don't think the lyrics are that deep and introspective, and compared to Lindsey Buckingham's other songs it is a tad bit weaker; it's no "Seeds We Sew". But I think for one of the simpler moments on "Tango In The Night" it's really quite good.