View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think so too. I think he's actually very insecure and unsure of himself. In my opinion, that's where a lot of his 'ego' comes from-- a need of validation. Like if you're not actually sure that you're good so you tell yourself that you are to make yourself feel better, along those lines.
he's actually total opposite - he keeps saying that he doesn't know how stuff will turn out so he doesn't want to do it etc etc. i do think he's pretty secure in his talent. just not secure in all ways he can easily manifest it. like his perfectionism, the need to get the song just perfectly the way he wants it before performing it live. some of the times we got him to do stuff by request at his solo shows, and he would be stressing about how bad and unrehearsed it was after he played it - while everybody in the audience was stunned how great and off the cuff it was, feeling privileged we witnessed something extraordinary. at the 92Y Q&A the RS interviewer couldn't help himself remarking how much Lindsey hated having to tune his guitar in front of the live audience - and how special it was for us to experience it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post

I always think of how funny it is to me when (and I have seen this a lot) some Stevie fans always make snarky comments about Lindsey's ego as if Stevie doesn't have an equally massive one herself. They just manifest themselves in different ways I think. With Lindsey it's more of his music and his overthought speeches and all that. And I think him having a family might've helped tame that, if only a little bit. With Stevie it's just her entire 'Stevie Nicks' thing. Show the IYD doc to ANYONE and they will walk away saying 'Stevie sure loves Stevie'.
see that's insecurity, thinking they'd not be interesting enough if he just ad-lib-ed them. and introversion, i guess.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"