View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think you hit it exactly on the nail. While I'm disappointed Stevie may not be on the next FM album, that's her choice and I can't fault her for it. Just like I couldn't fault Lindsey for leaving in 1987 or Christine when she left.
Both Lindsey and Christine left because of touring and not because of wanting to creatively contribute to the band. Lindsey created most of Tango and did not want to tour. Christine did not tour with the band but still contributed to Time. Stevie is saying she wants nothing to do with new material with the band, does not want to create new music but will graciously sign on the dotted line for big bucks for touring.
I see no comparison. If you don't want to play and contribute with the rest of the band members then you should not be touring with the band. There may not be big bucks in recording but all the money from touring is why you stay with the band. Lindsey and Christine did not have that philosophy.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-05-2016 at 08:05 PM..