View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was completely distracted d by Gillian Anderson's style update on the X Files continuation. To me, the hair, the clothes, the car, all of it- completely clashed with the Dana Scully character we've all known for over 2 decades. I get it, they were showing that her character had progressed and moved on. Still, Scully was an extremely practical, understated character. Her own life and certainly appearance was always an afterthought that took a back seat to her unfettered devotion to research and science. I don't think that core aspect of her personality would have changed. But I digress...

Anyway, I'll freely admit to having been a past shipper as well. I still do dissect any new songs we get from the writers and attempt to find allusions to the other. However, I've long since stopped believing those two are in love. It is clear to me that the two are still creatively inspired by one another, though. They still mine their evolving relationship for songwriting material. And how could they not? It's been a very long and bizarre ride.