Thread: Boston show
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 02:24 AM
Senior Ledgie

I wrote a really long review of this show. I was going to post it here, but I felt it was pretty personal, and no one would really want to read the thoughts of a 25-yr-old heterosexual white boy with a Bachelor's in English.

Nonetheless, I would like to share a little bit about what I felt after this show:

Now, I feel that I understand why Stevie wanted so badly to do this tour -- for her fans and herself. She said a few times during the show that everyone should follow her or his dreams. And that's what she's doing. She wants to go out and sing all these songs that she has never been able to perform until today -- and not just the hits [she mentioned how she wanted to leave Rhiannon in the box for this tour, but she couldn't do it for fear of a revolt]. It was such a gift to see her deviate from her "hit-list" and sing the deep cuts. I have never enjoyed a FM/SN solo show more than this one. Yes, she did not perform all her hits, but that is what made it fun. She was more creative, smiling, and having fun.

I was also so glad to she how well the show sold. Perhaps, she didn't sell every seat, but people were standing up and dancing, even in the balconies.

In closing:
Do I want her to go back to FM and record (at least) one more album with them? Yes, of course. But I understand her desire to go out on the road and sing all her favorites. And I'm glad that she's having fun doing it.

I hope everyone who sees her on tour has as much fun as I did. She is truly shining. Long live the Queen of Rock and Roll.
"It was, because we demanded it from the very beginning. You can't be a wimp, and then one or two years later decide not to be a wimp anymore. Because people will always treat you like a wimp, once they have decided that's what you are. So you can never be that. You have to be strong, tough, smart, and know who you are. So, people will get that. Then, they're always going to be great to you. Then, they listen to you; they listen to your songs. They give you a chance. Otherwise, you get nowhere."