View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Isn't complaining about complainers akin to f*cking for virginity?

As the saying goes, be the change you want to see in the world. Lead through example. And all those other tired old cliches.

As far as the festering malcontent around here; the Ledge has never, ever been a bed of roses. It's actually far more pleasant and peaceful now than it's ever been. Not that we can't strive for better. All the same, I am a big believer in letting this place be what it wants to be organically. There have been other sites over the years that tried to force certain mindsets; they didn't last.

I also get the indignation with the band. For those of us who have followed this band for a while, we feel like we've lost our last shreds of sanity. The Dance was 20 years ago now; everyone thought that was the beginnings of a grand new chapter. 2 decades later all we got was 1 partial band album and 1 partial band EP. It's been 3 decades since the last full band album. John McVie has been diagnosed with cancer; former FM members have passed since then, and those who officially supported the band such as managers, secretaries, photographers, etc are starting to die off at a rather concerning pace. The sense of urgency the "complainers" exhibit around here is certainly well founded. Assigning perceived blame is definitely warranted as well. Be that with Stevie for not recording new material with the band; or the rest of the band for not moving on without her.

All this being said, let's get back to talking about the music (or lack thereof) instead of b*tching about each other.