View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Funny story. We honeymooned in Maui at the beginning of August this year and went to Fleetwood's to watch Mick play with Willie K for one of the shows they were doing to celebrate the restaurant's 4th anniversary. (Incidentally, Sammy Hagar, Quest Love, and Kris Kristofferson all showed up unexpectedly too and played/sang with them [except Kris].)

Anyway, they had a raffle at the beginning, and the winner won a photo of the band in the studio working on the Say You Will album. As Mick was handing it to the winner, he explained that it was from the SYW session and referred to the album something along the lines of "not one of our greatest works." I'm paraphrasing that because I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was similar to that and clear that he didn't hold the album in high regard.

Awesome show by the way. I had never heard of Willie K before, but he was an amazing blues player and singer. Only about 50 people in the reserved seating area. Very intimate and cool. Mick always seems very appreciative of his fans in these kinds of situations (did a couple of meet and greets with him before too) and loves to talk.

Brad
Great story!! and yes it's not one of their greatest works.. it's a flop..