View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
How to get Stevie in the studio??? Have fun recording !!!

From her recent Huffington Post interview...

"Every other record we’ve ever done has taken at least a year. Rumors, all of the records. We have enough money where everyone goes ‘We can do whatever we want.’ And I think sometimes that really doesn’t work that well for you because you really don’t need to book every studio in the city to put FIVE THOUSAND OVERDUBS on music that is already really good. You are trying really hard to use your time wisely. You get better stuff and it is a lot more fun getting the stuff that you do get.” Nicks has had a lot of fun throughout her career and doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon. Just when you think you have seen it all, Nicks makes sure that you haven’t seen anything yet.

Judging from her recent interviews Stevie's new outlook seems to be "If I can't have fun doing it I'm not doing it... Why waste the time I have left being miserable"
This is all A direct dig at Lindsey's recording style. He labors over songs with 5 thousand overdubs. FU stevie that's what I love about FM that they labor over stuff to make it interesting and not sound like demos. Her recent album was bland and boring and sounded like everything else she's done. SO OVER HER!!!