View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Sadly, they aren't. Stevie is the only one even suggesting she might do something unprecedented with 24KG... First by merely recording this album of old demos, and now touring behind it with the promise of alternative setlists and songs rarely played. When it comes down to it, she acknowledges that a new FM album will probably not sell well and yet she's the only one saying they might go back to their roots by making an album just for the fun of it. She has done something so innovative even before 24KG, when she gave us Enchanted.

Furthermore, look at her promoting her new tour -- she's all over the media giving interviews and putting herself out there right now. Are the other members capable of this kind of self-promotion?

I think Stevie really is just sensitive. I think FM could literally sweet talk her back in the studio just by acting like they appreciate her.

Stevie's aggressive self-promotion and concern for her posterity have little to do with keeping current and viable as an artist. She's still riding the "I wrote Landslide" train. Meanwhile LB and CM have written and recorded new material.

At the end of the day, she could and should do what she wants. But LB and CM shouldn't wait for her. They should release the music as a duet.