View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
While I am not happy with Stevie's stalling, diva behavior, a Mac album and tour WITHOUT her is simply NOT AN OPTION. The idea is ludicrous.

That being said, it's now clear what will happen. Stevie will go on the road for a short tour this fall to promote a 2 year old solo album (she's been dying to get onstage and sing the tracks from 24KG, ok Stevie go for it!). In early 2017, she will be free to record with MAC. If Mac were smart, they would be in the studio right now recording the record. Then, in early spring, just have Stevie record her 3 songs and lay down background vocals on the completed CM/LB tracks. This whole process could be done with Stevie in the studio for 4-6 weeks. The Fleetwood Mac album could be out by summer 2017 with a fall tour to follow.
I've lost my sense of optimism for a new Mac album. I think the band has permanently shifted into being an oldies act, now. If the band was ever poised to make a creative statement, it was upon Christine's return. Stevie is now talking about the band touring in 2 years; half a decade after Christine rejoined the Mac. Stevie refuses to even mention a new album to the press. It's not going to happen, sadly.