View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Absolutely. Agree 100%. I think the band, however, are scared to death of carrying on without her and what Mick once called "her impressive constituency." They're scared of not filling arenas, scared of scaling down their millions in earnings, too. They have, in a word, sold their souls to keep themselves in the public eye--and that means sacrificing artistic integrity as well as their original, longstanding commitment to being an ever-changing entity that moves with the times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Not quite. I think many of us were hoping the band would simply carry on without her should she refuse to make new music with them. We're frustrated because the band doesn't want to take that step. Personally, I could care less if she shows up on a new FM record. I want to hear the new Christine material and am beyond annoyed that the rest of the band are shelving it because they're too afraid to work without her.

This doesn't mean I don't love Stevie. But she's clearly not interested in making new music with them and only wants to do her own thing (which, btw, I have supported by buying all through the years).

Did the band bully her? I have no idea. From the outside looking in, it appears they were trying to build momentum for new music and were pissed (or at least Mick and Lindsey were pissed) that her celebrity trumped their efforts (the Rolling Stone cover, etc.).
BRAVO!!! It's about time someone admits that FM only keeps Stevie around because of the extra profits she brings in for the band...

There's no way Mick is letting Stevie go anywhere...She's his meal ticket...