View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
The
Censorship is a sure way to end it . If it is hate speech ban the user... But let the Adults converse . If the user is uncomfortable tell them to avoid the topic.

The message board is a dying forum..but there is enough of us. Intelligent to maintain adult conversation. If it is an issue or adult topics are upsetting,

Resign or log out.
I agree with you. I have had over the years, countless conversations here on The Ledge about religion and politics with people I agree with, and at times vehemently disagree with. And yet, here we all are, chatting like grown ups about multiple topics years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
The real question is, why can you not discuss politics where there's a designated place for it or better yet a political forum? It seems the real rub for some might be that they can't have political discussions here, on the Ledge. There seems to be no other reason for it other than that they just want to. Besides if you really wish to talk about this stuff with other Ledgies, you can always use private messaging, email, Facebook, texting, faxes, letters (the post office needs the work), etc.
The real answer here is that most of us have been chatting on this forum for a decade or more, and we in very real way, know each other - we have things in common that bring us together. This is our space, and - moderators, administrators or otherwise - there is no Ledge without members who post and talk to each other.

But, ultimately, whatever. The ban on political-religious discussions doesn't bother me one way or another. I'm cool with it, and will respect the rules.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case