View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Lol!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post

Calls Elizabeth Warren "Pocahontas"
here in Oklahoma, BKA Native America, Warren is called a HELLUVA lot worse.

In this state (The name Oklahoma is based on the Choctaw Indian words okla humma which translates as "red people.") one will get shamed into the GROUND by stating "I'm a member of the ______ tribe" if they cannot provide ACTUAL proof of ancestory via either Dawes Roll or have a CDIB card (Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood). Better have proof in this state of Native Blood before announcing it publicly because you ass will go under the bus, and that bus will also go in reverse to make sure it hit you the first time.

"Further, to enroll as a member of the Cherokee Nation, an individual must have had a direct ancestor listed among the more than 101,000 people enrolled on the "Final Rolls of the Citizens and Freedmen of the Five Civilized Tribes in Indian Territory" between 1898-1914, now known as the Dawes Rolls. The Cherokee Nation is very strict about this, even keeping descendants of siblings of men and women on the rolls out of the tribe, as well as descendents of Cherokees who were living out of the area at the time the lists were drawn up in what was then Northeastern Oklahoma.

"If she does not have an ancestor listed on the Dawes Rolls, she cannot be considered Cherokee through this tribe," explained Lydia Neal, a processor with the registrar's office of the Cherokee Nation. "

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...r-what/257415/

Hell, when I lived in SW Oklahoma (From 1991-2015) I caught hell DAILY for being an Indian who has a white complexion ("You're not Indian unless your dark skinned, blahblahblah") but who is a card carrying member of the Cherokee Nation (My great-great grandparents were FORCED from NC to Oklahoma via the Trail of Tears...Thanks US govt - total sarcasm) and who is more degree of indian than some of those who COMPLAINED about my "skin color". Kinda ironic that once I posted photos of my Father on my fb profile THOSE SKIN COMMENTS kind of went away...geez, I wonder why??? Hmmm....

Anyways, I thought it was ironic that even CNN (Clinton News Network...gag!) has a good opinion piece on Warren, worth a read:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/opinio...ns-moya-smith/

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."