View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The only time I heard that question asked was from 1998 on the "Fanatic" MTV show where the Stevie fan asked " Was there any tension in the band for you to include solo work in a FM concert." Stevie said no and she was honored "THEY ASKED" her if she wanted to.
Lindsey left a vacuum in the band when he left right before a tour. I can see the band offering this to Stevie to fill that vacuum. In 1987 before the internet you had no idea what was in the set list. Every song was a surprise. The Tango tour was mixed with so many surprises. I was in shock when they did Stand Back especially when they also did HAWAFY. They did Buckingham Nicks "Don't let me down again". I was surprised they did Go Your Own Way without Lindsey. They did Blue Letter too.
I was partially outraged when they did Stand Back in 1987. I was like "Stevie, this is not your solo concert." I was relived when I heard Stevie say the band asked her first
I thought it was specifically Mick who asked her. Mick tagged along on some of the RAL dates, and I thought he liked the energy of the song and wanted it for a Fleetwood Mac show.