View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the way Canada has handled the AR-15 is good, it's not impossible to get but there are regulations concerning it. It was used as a hunting rifle apparently in the past but was considered a fairly poor choice but still functional as one. If the same basic weapon was made to look plainer and with wood accents I bet it would be less scary, but the fact that it was advertised with some slogan about 'renewing your man card' sort of shows that it looking so 'serious firepower' means as much as the actual quality of it. Oh well. The fanatics are the most motivated and there are extreme people on both sides while most find themselves in the middle and shouted down.

I try to be a (lower c) Christian but I feel all the praying and angel stuff really doesn't fit with this thing that's happened in Orlando. If it means something to the people directly effected that's different but it mostly makes me think about these guardian angels not being there for some. Maybe Oprah or whoever would say those people must have chosen to be sacrifices or something in some weird predestination belief system and drawing positive or negative things to yourself, and I've heard that said even about Jewish holocaust victims... not for me. I do know there is a lot we don't know but invisible angels saving some and not others is just strange to me. Prayers after a tragedy need some more explanation, but it seems to be an almost universal reaction from many to simply say 'pray' , maybe it makes them feel less helpless or expresses sadness to them?

Last edited by becca; 06-19-2016 at 04:29 PM..