View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I bet that those that now are complaining about not having new material from the band when and if we'll get it will be the firsts to complain about it, like how their creative streaks from the youth has long gone, they don't have the same energy anymore and all the other cliché.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I won't be complaining, that's for sure. I welcomed Say You Will; I mooned over In the Meantime; I've followed every solo album, and respected the effort of the EP, even if I didn't think Stevie's contributions were substantial.

I don't judge this band on a standard that is 40 years old. They're older now, they're making different music. My main priority is new music. I want new music. Did I mention I wanted new music? I will relish it, if for no other reason than it celebrates continued creativity. But if In the Meantime is anything to go on, I know Christine's contributions alone will be worth the price of admission.
exactly. and we have no reason to gripe about LB's creative streak being long gone either - he has been extremely creative and prolific in the last 15 years - his SYW songs are superb, and then string of Under the Skin - Gift of Screws - Seeds We Sow - EP songs plus all the new songs he wrote since 2012 that we haven't had a chance to hear.......... there's plenty of evidence there's no worries about LB's creative streak.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"