View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Silver Springs is one of the rare SN songs i absolutely love.

i've never heard it before i started looking up LB's and FM's music on youtube few years ago, i don't remember it from 90s even though it was apparently a hit from the Dance.

i adore the Dance version. and their recent live versions, they are beautiful.

i think original Rumours version is dry and boring - kinda like most of the song versions on Fleetwood Mac / white album, at least on CD (maybe vinyl versions have warmer sound?).
oh elle, one of the things that makes the studio version so exquisite is Lindsey's breathtaking acoustic guitar. It's totally missing from the live version. (the other thing is Stevie's voice in the mid 70s)

The difference between the two is that the studio version is more of a country song and real melancholy until the very end. The live version has more of a rock and roll energy and more anger and of course the visual performance of watching her sing it directly to Lindsey, which you can't see (but can imagine) in the studio version.

I have still my original 45 of GYOW with SS on the b-side and it sounds fantastic on vinyl. Everything sounds ****ter compressed.