View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Feeling a bit deflated. 18 months is a long time. Not that I am desperate for another tour but I can't see them releasing music without a tour on the horizon. It's looking like the album being released in the first part of 2017. 'Much to come in 2016' ...I can't really see what band-related stuff could happen this year apart from more 4-piece recording of an album that's already largely done.
Everytime there#s reason to be a bit excited about a snippet of information something else comes along and puts a damper on it.
i don''t know. 18 months seems almost too fast to me. yes, we expected they will tour in 2017 because of the Rumours anniversary. and it will probably be more fall/end of 2017 (just like LB said they will start OWTS tour in summer 2014, but they started it at the very end of September).

so before OWTS they had almost 9 months to work on the new album. everyone here kept saying that was not enough time for SN to join etc. so now they have double that time, and album mostly done. i wonder how long before everyone says that's not enough time for Stevie since she will want some solo projects etc etc.... and we -- again -- don't actually see that album?

so frankly, tour in 18 months if we actually get that album before that, and that tour is to support it, seems almost overly optimistic to me - considering Stevie's timelines with FM [non] commitments we've seen in the last few years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"