View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I haven't had a chance to listen to the DVD Audio because I don't own a DVD player anymore. Hopefully, someday Blu-Ray will be able to accommodate that format.
Likewise...but I do have a blu ray, and ordered a digital optical cord to connect it to the receiver. But, I don't have a 5.1 speaker setup, so even with the cord I still won't be hearing it the way it was intended.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with the box. I love the Alternate Tusk disc - that's what I've been playing mostly. I agree with you about Save Me A Place. I find that song a bit, um, whiny ordinarily, and the alternate version is not at all whiny. And Angel - yes - so good. I can understand why that particular vocal was discarded, but the soft tone she sings it in is perfect, and makes the ending vocals that much better.

The live stuff is great...I do find the ending of Go Your Own Way abrasive and dissonant, but just the last 30 seconds or so. I just love Rhiannon and Sisters of the Moon.

I Know I'm Not Wrong is a recent obsession of mine, and the different stages of the song on the outtakes disc are fun.

I do feel they held back on us. So this can be done again in a decade.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case