View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I finally got this as a Christmas present. It's wonderful. The stand out track for me in this set is the absolutely BEAUTIFUL and heartbreaking "Save Me A Place" (my favorite Lindsey song) from the Alternate Tusk dated 10/18/78. It took my breath away! I wish they had used this version. His vocal here is sublime!

There are a lot of great stand out tracks on The Alternate Tusk, in fact! "Storms" 6/2/79 sounds like "Landslide Part 2" with just her lone vocal and his acoustic guitar. "Angel" has an awesome vocal that, in my opinion, is so much better than what made it to the album. "Brown Eyes" with Peter Green is unique. I can't say I like it better, but I appreciate this "work in progress" version.

The two LIVE discs are a real treat as well. "Angel", "SMAP", "SYLM", "Sisters"...all amazing!!! Even the live "Sara" is still refreshing even already having heard it a million times since it was released early.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the DVD Audio because I don't own a DVD player anymore. Hopefully, someday Blu-Ray will be able to accommodate that format.