View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Back during their "World Wide Texas" tour (1975/76), they played Anaheim Stadium. Their show was broadcast live on the radio (don't remember which station, however...may have been KLOS-FM Los Angeles)...I'm sitting there just boogying to their set when out of the blue they kick into "Rattlesnake Shake". I jump out of my seat & start running in circles in my room (picture Eric Cartman).

You'd THINK that since it was broadcast on the radio that SOMEBODY would've recorded it and circulated it in bootleg circles (or even a radio station employee would've dubbed a copy for that purpose)
going a wee bit off-topic here and now - but that's exactly the reason i've been pulling my hair off for ages: that there are no live recordings featuring vintage top (up until and including the wwt tour) in decent (at least halfway pro) quality. (the "fandango" live side being the only exception.) and most of the VERY FEW boots from that era sound like being recorded from out of town and are hardly listenable.

let alone videos from early to mid 70s top! so far i've only seen 2 (in words: TWO) songs on youtube played live in 1976 and 78 respectively - and they, too, give only a glimpse of what the "li'l ol' band from texas" was all about in their heydays.

too bad - but i'm still hoping for a minor (or major) miracle to appear . . .