View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 02:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I prefer the untouched, authentic live performances. That's why I'm so excited about the newly released live performances! They may not have the polish of their studio counterparts, but they shine in their authenticity, adding a depth of character and realism to the songs. They are perfect in their imperfection.

Though the Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac has performed a good portion of their recorded catalog, they stayed very close to a certain selection of hits, even in the sequence of their set lists. I guess that is a blessing and a curse when you have many signature hits, and feel the obligation to perform them all the time.
Also, when you are blessed with three singer/songwriters, the opportunity to stretch out becomes even more limited.

They have a lot of album tracks that have never been performed. I can only imagine the missed or overlooked opportunities to re-imagine those songs on a live stage. With the addition of their support players/singers, these long dormant songs, with the benefit of hindsight, could be revisited and appreciated.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-13-2015 at 02:56 AM..