View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 11:56 AM

Inside 'the most disturbing scene' in American Horror Story history

American Horror Story has given us some pretty terrifying creatures. Of course there’s anything involving Rubberman (or the Frankenstein baby nicknamed the Infantata) from season 1. The aptly named serial killer Bloodyface from Asylum. And who can forget Twisty the Clown from Freak Show?

Well … they are nothing compared to what’s in store for viewers of AHS: Hotel. Co-creator Ryan Murphy announced at TCA that this year’s installment features “the most disturbing scene we’ve ever done” and it involves AHS newbie and New Girl star Max Greenfield, Sarah Paulson’s Sally and a little fella named The Addiction Demon. Hotel’s new monster looks as if his eyes and mouth were covered in melted wax or skin (similar to the frightening figure in one of the newly released teasers) and he wears a conical metal dildo. “He is a representation of that and what people go through fighting addiction,” explains Murphy. “It’s not done lightly or blithely. I think it’s very powerful and strong.

Greenfield plays Gabriel, a platinum blonde junkie who checks into the Cortez in the premiere and has a run-in with both Sally and the demon. Let’s just say it is not a gentle love scene. Teases Greenfield, “Ryan gets real pleasure out of how far, I think, he can push it. And when we were doing that stuff, he was happy and he was scared. We all were. And it was a good vibe on set because of that. I think we were like, ‘F— yeah, man. Let’s push this and let’s see how far we can go.

For Paulson, who has been on all five seasons, it was oddly just another day at work on AHS. “None of it crazy to me,” she says. “I walk in and I’m like ‘Hello conical dildo demon person.’ I don’t even think twice. I had two heads last year — I don’t know what you want me to say. Like there’s nothing anybody can do on the show to shock me anymore.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/28...sturbing-scene