View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Here is the interview with Felder I was talking about. The lawsuit talk begins just before 24:00. When Felder started asking questions about contracts of records or touring or merchandise they fired him from the band. As part owner and creator of most of the hits he sued and settled with them for tons of dough. It is speculated that every tour or any merchandise and all money the Eagles make Felder takes a good chunk. Felder and Walsh had a great relationship. Those facial expressions they would make to each other on stage were incredible. But Walsh was not part owner and did not have a leg to stand on to defend Felder so he just went along for the ride.

What I would love to know is more about Bob Welch's lawsuit against Fleetwood Mac over record sales. I assume he meant the records he was involved with? I just want to know why Mick Fleetwood and the Mac's lawyers fought Bob so much. Was Bob asking for too much? Anyone know? In Mick's book he raves about Bob but never mentions the lawsuit. In Bob's last days he did not speak well of Mick.

Felder's interview - lawsuit begins about 24:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgu9iS1gKwo
The problem for Felder (who always seemed like a great guy) was that he viewed himself an equal partner, and legally he was. But because he came to the band after it's conception Henley and Frey never viewed him that way. I think they always viewed him as a "hired gun" if you will. Just shut up and stand in the corner and at some kickass solos.