View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
The funny thing is that there are A LOT of production issues on both "Bella Donna" and "The Wild Heart". Not just vocally, but musically, and in the mixing and mastering as well...and nobody complains about those albums in regards to those issues.

I could compile a HUGE list of production issues with those albums, and go song by song if needed.

But the fact is both those records are lauded as being a part of the "very best" of Stevie's solo career (and I would agree) so everyone turns a blind eye to the production "mistakes", despite there being many more "issues" than 24KG!

So why are we "picking apart" 24KG just because it was recorded in 2-3 weeks?
What's funny is that NO ONE is complaining about the music and how it was mixed. EVERYONE here seems to be complaining about the weird compressed vocals within the mix. Granted, that's a big reason as to why we are all Stevie fans...BECAUSE of her voice.

No. The timeframe of when it was recorded to when it was released has NOTHING to do with the weird compressed vocals. They are what they are. You either like them or you don't. I, for one, refuse to let something as innocuous as weird compressed vocal takes hinder my enjoyment of an album I've been waiting YEARS for her to record.

"If You Were My Love", "ATBW", "Belle Fleur", "Hard Advice", "Watch Chain" and ESPECIALLY "24 Karat Gold" are just pure, classic Stevie Nicks...and I defy ANYONE to tell me otherwise simply because of a "compression" or "production" foible. How stupid!
Great points and perspective!