View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
1. My biggest unpopular stevie opinion at least around here is that her solo set lists since 2005 have actually been quite incredible and brave. Even her inclusion of random cover songs is something I love. And this opinion got stronger once she released IYD and played 9 our of 13 of the songs at some point. Her solo sets are by far better then what fleetwood Mac does and even what Lindsey does solo!

2. I think mable Normans my be my favorite stevie solo song ever.

3. And right up there with it is I Don't Cate. (Nothing has confused me more in the past year then all the people I've read state "well I love pretty much all of 24KG...except for I Don't Care.

4. I love Stevie's personality just as much as her songs. Even these days

5. TheOther Side of the Mirror is an absolute embarrassment of an album. Not sure if this is unpopular but I feel it's generally more liked then street Angel and even rock a little. The whole vibe, feel and sound of the album is like nothing she did before or after and thank god for that. That being said I love doing the best I can and long way to go. And rooms on fire is fine. The rest is terrible

6. I can't stand the TISL version of planets. I love all versions of it in demo form.

7. Similarly I just can't embrace how if you were my love came out. I try to like it as much as many here do but it just doesn't work for me.
I think you need to chill out on the cocktails bud.... LOL

I would love to hear Stevie's song "I Don't Cate"

Here's the lyrics to "I Don't Cate"

Would you like a drink?
Would you life another?
Well, Well
I Don't Cate!

Would like me to stay?
Would you like a tray?
Would you fall from grace just to hear me say
Well, Well.
I Don't Cate!

Here's the lyrics to "Mable Normans"

Another Show
She fell down the stairs
That dyslexic, domestic house wife
Happy, Mable Normans

Well, she ain't no Amelia Bedelia
But she sure knows how to bake a cake
Sometime's it just matters
How much frosting, You must put on
So you give that cake to your reptile
How bout' I get you a stepchild
And he called today...

Sorry I'm not drunk I just felt like spoofing stevie lyrics. You have to sing along to get it