View Single Post
Old 07-03-2015, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
She seems unable to write a song anymore by herself.
Her early solo move into "rock" ruined her music... especially the Tom Petty thing.
She is only really good on ballads, where her writing and vocals shine brilliantly.
I love When I See You Again for its bizarre and raw and almost avante-garde atmosphere and I suspect those who hate it of being unintelligent or dull
The Second Time is beautiful.
Stevie seems to have borderline personality, or at least, extreme self absorption.
She ruined her solo career by not using consistent artistic production.
Say You Will is probably the best Stevie solo album... her nine songs are fantastic, largely due to Lindsey's production.
Not a fan of TISL.
I turned away from her on hearing Belladonna, came back briefly after hearing Nightbird on radio (bought Wild Heart and deemed the album to be a throwaway except for B&TB and Nightbird), and was rehooked only by TISL and her 3 widely-panned tunes there.
Stevie live (I have seen her four times solo) is disappointing. The band drowns her out and the cacophonous boredom of Stand Back and E of 47 eat up far too much time.
you're "not a fan of TISL" but you were re-hooked by TISL??? did I have too many cocktails?