View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello all,

Just got home and am rather zonked so I shall keep it brief, but it was sensational, of course. Such a thrill to see Christine back on stage - my first time ever. She was amazing - beautiful, stunning voice, seemed so happy.

Again some lovely acoustic instrumentals from Lindsey before the show. I spotted Peacekeeper, Red Rover, Stephanie, Sisters of the Moon and Sugar Daddy! Also something I just couldn't identify but sounded like Destiny Rules.

I had a great floor seat 9 rows back right in front of Christine. I'm tall and stood up the whole show (sorry people behind me...) but then so did everyone, so I had a great view of expressions/interaction. I have to say I was slightly apprehensive after the recent articles, and I do think there was a fair bit of tension between S&L. Not much eye contact or touching of hands, all rather cursory. Both of them were all smiles with Christine of course, but at times it was a bit like watching the Mirage video. Now I might be reading something into nothing, but it seemed to me that there was a rather heavy moment in Gold Dust Woman. In the 'did it make you cry' harmonising bit, Lindsey was sending major sideways glances at Stevie, and pointing/gesturing at her, culminating in a proper open-handed gesture on 'now tell me is it over now?'... As I say, I might have been projecting, but it looked like he was asking her directly 'are you finished with the band?'. Anyway it certainly added spice to the mix. Maybe a video will emerge and we can examine the evidence. I don't take photos or video at concerts, I'm afraid - too busy yelping and jumping up and down.

A stunning night. My highlights were You Make Loving Fun, Little Lies, Say You Love Me - pretty much all Chris's songs. Landslide was quite fast, I thought, but gorgeous and dedicated to Adele, who presumably was in the audience. Lindsey said his finger was bleeding just before Big Love... I loved Never Going Back Again, even at a glacial pace. Um, what else? Songbird was in, and was beautiful. No Seven Wonders. Silver Springs sounded a bit off... World Turning! Wonderful.

A great crowd too. What a magnificent night.